Welcome to Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc.
Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. offers commercial and residential sales, installation, repair, and service of all makes and models of air conditioning and heating systems.
If you need heating or air conditioning repair in St. Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater or the surrounding communities, Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. is your best choice and we offer the most competitive rates in Tampa Bay.
Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. is committed to providing the best service in the region and it is that dedication to excellence that has allowed our business to flourish in the competitive Tampa Bay market.
Our technicians are always on time and ready to get to work fast. Because we are fully equipped, we can work on any heating or air conditioning system from a small apartment to the largest commercial buildings in Tampa Bay.
We only use high quality equipment and our technicians are trained and certified, so you can rest assured that the service you receive from Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. is always top notch.
Our customer service team is committed to working hard to meet the specific needs of each client.
No matter which direction you choose to go with on your heating or air conditioning project, Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. is dedicated to providing the highest quality AC repair in Tampa Bay. Whether you are too hot or too cold, there is no reason to be uncomfortable, and no reason to settle for less than the best!
If you are shopping for the right air conditioning and heating system for your home or office, call us today!
Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning and Heating Incorporated (CAC 058618) offers a wide variety of services that help maximize system efficency, optimize your units output, and minimize the cost of heating/cooling your home or business. We offer:
|• Full Service Installation||• System "Tune-Ups"||• Heating Repair|
|• Residential AC||• High Efficency Retrofitting||• Troubleshooting|
|• Commercial AC||• Emergency Service||• Second Opinions|
|• System Maintenance||• Service Calls||• AC Repair|
That's why we are now partnered with Ask the Seal.com.
The Seal of Security and Confidence is your assurance that our company is licensed, insured and any employees working on your property have passed annual criminal and sex offender background checks.
• Many companies who claim to be licensed, insured and bonded are not
• Many companies who claim to perform criminal background checks do not
• If you hire an unlicensed company and employees hurt themselves on your property or your property is damaged, your insurance company may deny the claim
• You can be fined up to $5,000 for hiring an unlicensed contractor
• Many criminals use their employment to find their next victim
• Many crimes are committed up to six months after the service call
If you have gone through our list of basic Troubleshooting Tips and determined that it is definitely time to call a technician, here are some things you can do before the technician arrives to help you make the most out of your service call:
1. Know where all of the heating and cooling units are in your home.
2. Be ready to explain the problem you are experiencing.
3. Know when the problem began.
4. Make sure the system is accessible to the technician.
5. Secure pets in a separate room.
6. Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let the technician in.
7. Technicians will frequently call when they're on their way so be prepared to answer the phone.
The customer service fanatics at Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. are always ready to assist you when your system breaks down, but these simple troubleshooting tips that can help you avoid an unnecessary service call:
1. Make sure your thermostat is set to the "cool" position.
2. Ensure that the outdoor air conditioning unit (condensing unit) is running.
3. Make sure all the circuit breakers in the box are in the "ON" position.
4. Make sure the "disconnect switch" for the outdoor unit is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit and it is typically a grey 8" wide x 16" high x 4" deep box mounted to the wall.
5. Ensure that the blower motor in your furnace is running. If the thermostat is in the "cool" position, the furnace blower should be running.
6. If the furnace blower is not running, make sure the switch on the furnace is set to the "ON" position.
7. If you haven't changed your filter in the furnace recently, try changing the filter. A blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of airflow.
8. Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not obstructed by furniture. All furniture should be at least four inches away from the return air grilles to allow for proper air supply.
We utilize the newest technologies, and keep up to date on the best products to keep you comfortable, save you money, and protect our environment.
At Martin Carpenter's Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. we consider ourselves "The Customer Service Fanatics". We work with you to insure you have the right system for your needs. We will help you gather the information you need to make the best decision. We believe an informed customer is the best customer.
On larger jobs we often bring our suppliers right to the site so we can go over every detail and make sure that the day we start the job we have the equipment necessary so you have as little down time as possible. By working hand in hand with our suppliers we know before hand that we will have everything we need to finish the job.